[pct-l] Forest Fires

gwtmp01 at mac.com gwtmp01 at mac.com
Wed Sep 13 10:47:55 CDT 2006

On Sep 12, 2006, at 5:17 PM, Jerry Goller wrote:

> Without politics there wouldn't *be* a PCT.

I said non-trail-related politics.  You have to stretch to
argue that our foreign policy in the middle-east is PCT-L related.
And if you are willing to stretch that far then pretty much
*anything* would be considered on-topic for PCT-L.

We've gone down this road before.  Every mailing-list/newsgroup/forum
goes down this road.  It takes conscious effort by everyone on a list
to keep it on topic.  Lists exist to *focus* discussion on a particular
topic.  To the extent that the focus becomes lost, the list becomes
less interesting and less useful.

I'm trying not to take sides with respect to the politics, I'm
just saying 'please stay on topic'.