[pct-l] In Colorado!

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 10:35:09 CDT 2006

Paul,
    I can't remember if I thanked you, so thanks for your recommendation of
the Prospector Motel in Silverton. The price is still $45 for hikers; I spent
two nights there; and Andy is a great guy! I finished my fourth section hike,
and the CO Trail, a month ago. I'll add the Brown Bear Cafe, esp for breakfast,
to the CO Trail recommendations. If you like printed t-shirts, there are at
least 250 different ones for sale in Silverton; I bought three hiking ones, two
before I sent my bounce bucket home, and one I packed to Durango.
    I left my car at a maintenance coordinator/trail worker's house in
Durango. I was invited to dinner at his house when I finished, with Gudi Gaskill as
the real guest. In Spring 05 I met the Gudi equivalent of the PNT, or vice
versa, Ron Strickland, in a snowfield on the PCT in SoCal. I've been really
honored to meet these people!

Keep after that CDT!
Bob "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen